There are many aspects to consider when choosing CBD products. The form, consumption, potency, and brand of CBD products are important factors to take into consideration when trying out CBD, especially if it is your first time using this cannabinoid.
Another very essential factor of using CBD includes figuring out if it may interfere with any medication you are taking. It is best to consult with your doctor to make sure that CBD is a healthy and effective option for you. You can also take their suggestions on which products to use and what dosage to start with.
Potencies of CBD and the effects they produce
Choosing your dosage of CBD will greatly depend on the effect you want the product to have. CBD oil potencies typically range from 100 mg to 5000 mg per 30 ml bottle. Most new consumers start at 300 mg since this is a more cost-effective option.
It is recommended to start with a low dosage of CBD to observe the effect it has on your body. Since each individual’s biochemistry is different, the effect of CBD products will vary. You can always increase your dosage, if you find that the lower dosages do not provide the desired effect.
When gradually increasing your CBD doses, you can effectively determine which dose is accurate. Most new consumers start with a 1-2 mg dose. If this dosage does not prove to be effective, you can increase the dosage by 2 mg until you achieve the desired results. If you simply start with a high dosage, such as 50 mg, you will not know if a smaller dosage could have been just as effective, and you will be spending much more on your CBD products.
Low-potency CBD oil – 300 mg
A low-strength bottle of CBD oil (300 mg) is a good starting point and is also appropriate for those who are more sensitive to CBD products. If you have a more active endocannabinoid system, you will naturally find a lower dosage effective.
One serving of 300 mg (30 ml bottle) CBD oil translates to 20 drops of oil. There is 10 mg of CBD in this dose. Most people start with 5 to 7 drops to determine its effectiveness.
A single dose of low-potency CBD oil is good for:
- Boosting general health
- Lowering stress levels
- Promoting relaxation
Mid-potency CBD oil – 600 mg
Those who find that they are taking multiple or large doses of low-potency CBD oil can switch to mid-potency CBD oil. A single dose will still be around 20 drops of oil, but now each serving will contain 20 mg of CBD.
A single dose of mid-potency CBD oil is good for:
- Alleviating anxiety
- Relieving mild pain
- Relaxing the body
- Reducing inflammation
High-potency CBD oil – 1000 mg
This CBD option is on the upper side of the potency scale for many CBD companies. Once again, a single dose is equivalent to 20 drops, which is equivalent to 33 mg of CBD oil.
A single dose of high-potency CBD oil is good for:
- Aiding sleep
- Alleviating deep muscle pain
- Relieving migraines
- Managing daily stress and anxiety
How to know if I took too much CBD?
If you start at a low dose of CBD, you will most likely notice when your dose is a bit too strong. No matter how large the dosage, you cannot overdose on CBD. You can identify that your CBD potency is too strong by looking out for the following side effects:
- Extreme drowsiness
- Upset stomach/stomach issues
- A feeling of disorientation
- Intense lethargy
In extreme cases of large doses, you should contact a medical facility if:
- The person becomes unconscious or if you feel like they are going to faint
- The person is having trouble breathing
- The person starts going into a seizure
CBD is likely to cause extreme drowsiness, lethargy, upset stomach, nausea, and diarrhoea and other unpleasant, disorienting side effects, not death.
The quality of CBD related products varies greatly depending on the brand, manufacturer, and where you are buying these CBD products. The quality of your CBD product will determine the effectiveness and safety of the products you are consuming.
Why choose legit CBD suppliers for the best quality
Choosing reputable CBD products from legitimate suppliers will ensure that you get the best effect from these products. It is also the best option regarding your health and safety. If you do not buy your products from legitimate suppliers, you are at risk for the following issues:
- You may not feel the effect of CBD
- Some unreputable products do not contain CBD despite being marketed as such
- Counterfeit products might contain other harmful chemicals or concentrations that are above the safety limit
- Paying high prices for low quality products
What to consider when buying CBD products
Here are some aspects to look at when choosing CBD to ensure you are using a high-quality product:
- List of ingredients – The first step in choosing your products is to look at the list of ingredients. Make sure that your product contains cannabidiol, which can also sometimes be listed as hemp extract. Stay away from products that only list hemp seeds, Cannabis sativa seed oil, or hemp seed oil with no mention of CBD since these products are not the same. You should also make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients mentioned.
- Labelling accuracy – It is a good idea to double-check the CBD (and THC) concentration of your product by comparing the label to the COA (Certificate of Analysis). One of the most common issues with CBD products is mislabelling. These products often have higher or lower CBD concentrations in reality than their labels state.
- Cannabinoid profile – If the product is labelled as broad- or full-spectrum, you should look at the list of cannabinoids it contains. The following cannabinoids should appear on the list:
- Cannabidiolic acid (CBDA)
- Cannabinol (CBN)
- Cannabigerol (CBG)
- Cannabichromene (CBC)
- Additional lab information – If the CBD product contains heavy-metals or pesticides, you can determine if it is within the safe limit for ingestion by doing some research on safety levels.
To ensure that you receive effective results from your CBD products safely, it is really important to buy your products from a reputable source. For more CBD and cannabis-related products, have a look at Vaperite and Cannarite’s CBD product division.
Our products are sold for medicinal or recreational purposes, and you can be sure to find reputable, healthy, and safe products for the best experience.
Linked blog articles:
- What Is CBD?
- Vaperite CBD Products
- CBD and Medical Conditions
- CBD Products Quick Review & Health Benefits
- Emerging Benefits of Cannabis in Human Health Disorders
- Introducing You To: Broad Spectrum CBD
- How To Take CBD Oil for Healthy and Peaceful Sleep
- Cannabis Vaping is Winning The Vape Race
- Methods of consuming Cannabis